Saturday, 28 August 2010

Rambling about scrambling

Megs:

I love playing with anagrams. It's possibly one of the most frivolous and useless past-times there are, unless one is in an Anagram-thinking-about Tournament, or like some top secret government dept and has to crack codes that mad international criminal masterminds set (because as we all know, of course, mad criminal masterminds always leave a hint as to how to clean up the mess they're making. Dan Brown evidently thinks so.) I like the game Word Challenge on Facebook and I like wordplay in general.

Recently I've been thinking about what kind of pseudonym I would use, if I was going to write a novel and have it published. Almost needless to say, I'd like it to be something (somewhat) meaningful, and to do with my name. Yesterday Hannah suggested something like Margaret Willie, which is fantastic, but no, merci.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that my name in full is a cow to rescramble. The only decent thing I've been able to come up with after much juggling in my head is Anna G Hemingway. And I wouldn't use this as a pen name, because I'd feel like I was insulting Ernest Hemingway by associating his name with far inferior writing.

Another name, albeit with a ludicrous sense of humour, would be Angina G Wheyman, but I think I'd have to be really drunk, or depressed, or both, to submit anything under that name.

I'm leaving to go watch NYSO soon. Will update!

No comments:

Post a Comment