Monday, 15 February 2010

Hobby hunting

Megs:

I've unwittingly found myself with a new hobby. It's hobby hunting. It began when I was thinking that I needed a new hobby, and hopefully it would be one that would produce something that I could sell (eg. Teaching [self] Teddy Making, which is also a book which I got at a flea market for $6 maybe a year ago and haven't used properly.) Et voila, enjoy making crafts and earn a few dollars at the same time.

Anyway, first I thought I could make watch-bracelets, so one could maybe purchase and thus be wearing girly jewellery things and also be able to tell the time, assuming he or she didn't already own a watch. I've trawled through the internet and have the basic ideas on how to make them and exactly what materials I would need, but then I would need materials, which I will probably never be bothered getting. Also, not sure how I'd sell them. But I've discovered stuff, like it's $25 to rent a stall at Taka on Sunday mornings.

I've stumbled upon Etsy, which is kind of like Trademe, except everything is handmade. Now I've been inspired to crochet things, like soft toys. Because I wouldn't need to buy materials for crocheting soft toys from overseas. But to be honest, making watches sounds like more fun and more rewarding. Blah.

So yes, just really tossing ideas preoccupying myself with thinking of things to preoccupy myself with and not really doing said things. I have crocheted a bit.



From left to right, the successive end results of my attempts to crochet. I think I'm getting better. Oh and I didn't make the hat on the right, but I thought it looked good with the lot.

PS I've changed the About section. I thought it was time for us to move on from OLY1. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment