Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Say what you say, do what you do

Megs:

Wooooo! Learning how to use a sewing machine has been exhilarating :D :D Made this thing over nearly the entirety of yesterday while listening to Lily Allen (officially new favourite singer, as you could probably tell)

Of course, the bag I've made could have probably taken someone else like 1/16 of the time it took me, but it was incredibly fun. Exciting exciting!


Spiffy ancient thing borrowed from the centre:





Anyway, a family friend kindly showed me how to work this thing on Sunday; on Monday morning it wouldn't sew properly and I thought I'd broken it. Took the bottom bit apart and put it together again several times, thenageslaterrealizedIjustneededtowindthethreadatthetoponemoretime... anyway, I didn't break it! :D


Rummaged through the boxes downstairs through the billions of truckloads of masses of clothing and things downstairs that nobody wears anymore for something for me to cut up and make into something else. Eventually decided on an old fitted sheet with pretty pattern.



The old fitted sheet with pretty pattern:



Anyway, tra la la, you know how I texted you saying it was nearly finished yesterday at around 4? Ha didn't finish til this morning!

Ze bag:



Yay!



Halfway through making ruffles, or crinkly bits (? - I need to get my sewing terminology checked) at the top




It even holds BOOKS!! GASP!! Mission accomplished!! :D

So with this I've managed to whack several birds over the head all at once with one stone - find new hobby; get new bag for uni; learn how to use a sewing machine! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment