Thursday, 4 March 2010

Quarterlife crisis

Megs:

aewhawelifawelfkbaewkb

Random rant addressed to nobody and which I don't really expect anyone to read (which is just as well.)

Nowhere to start, really. Sometimes, I think that I'm over the fact that I would have been the very next person to be accepted into the medical progamme. (Or, since there were two left on the waitlist, at the most the next next person.) It's okay; I know how close I was, so I made it to somewhere.

These days, I'm finding something odd, and intriguing. I've never ever really missed people - when people go away I'm never too bothered because I know I'll see them again, and I get on with my life. As a general rule, my holidays are okay with or without meeting up with others, though of course I prefer the former.

So I'm not sure why, now after university's started, I miss everyone. Maybe it's because we've all come back and it's now how I pictured second year to be.

I miss Olive, who's in Med and so now we can't run crazily to the next lecture or cram/stress for the same things together anymore; I miss Marianne, who's going to Sydney for an indefinite while, and leaving behind - for the time being - her dreams which are similar to mine; I think I miss Wil (:P haha), though since we're texting everyday it makes it a bit better. I miss the older students who offered so much help and advice; I miss those who've left AYO; I miss those who have gone off to do Biomed and Pharmacy and heavens know what else, and I miss the faces of those who I met and said hi to last year but won't get to know.

What I'm missing is everyone, now that we've gone our separate ways.

I'm not warming up to the people in my class this year all that much, although that's more my problem than the actual people. I'm sure they're lovely, but I just haven't felt so much like I can't relate to a group of people in such a long time.

It's a little awkward, and very bizzare, how the thing I'm happiest about in life at the moment is Statistics.

Just going to go off and listen to Littlest Things for now.

2 comments:

  1. It's what they call growing up. It's scary, different and it's awkward. People who have shared a whole world with, suddenly seems so far away. You share part of the journey and maybe you can share another part of the journey later on, but maybe not. I don't know if it gets easier, or you always miss people that feels like a part of yourself as much as your dreams.

    I'd love to see you in medical school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's me again! (Ok shut up Olive). Anyway that's not true you don't miss me. We went romping in Auckland Domains today! The cute gardener plucked the fruits of his gardens and fed us!

    ReplyDelete