Saturday, 5 December 2009

"Don't worry, tomorrow we'll be back for more frolic and fun."

Megs:
I have realised that I haven't been sticking the word "frivolous" in my posts for like the last how many posts, sorry! This should make up for it:
frivolous frivolous frivolous frivolous frivolous frivolous frivolous
...My phone was ringing just now, and I just literally ran in a circle around the coffee table looking for the source of the buzzing and dinging. I still don't know where it is!!

Had my AYO audition this morning. I turned up at St. Peter's College on time, which is to say I was late, and was shown in by the reception lady who asked me if my last name was spelt right (it was spelt wrong/"WONG" all this year).

Anyway, the audition was sweet as, almost frivolous, I did a bit of chatting with Antun about uni and biomed/med and his friend who was also judging string performances. Ended up playing only three minutes of the Arpeggione (terribly) and two of the four excerpts they sent to us. I told him that when I go home and played it better I'd send him the recording. That works too, right? He laughed, like when I told him that med interviews were for making sure the students had qualities they want in doctors and weren't psycho (sic).

Did more backstage work at the Vector Arena today. Wore a Tibetan robe and a laminated lanyards with "PRODUCTION" written on it. Felt very important but of course I only helped with shifting stuff and showing people around. :P Do you know, if I had hung around backstage a bit longer than I did today I'd have met His Holiness in person. Tomorrow I'm sticking around backstage for real!

Ha it's funny. I was actually pretty tense at the beginning of His Holiness's speech because I hate politics and thought he'd talk a lot about Tibet vs China and somehow people would get upset, but it wasn't like that at all. I definitely felt peaceful after his speech. The columnist in the NZ herald who criticised him plus the correspondent who said His "holiness" was 'self proclaimed' don't know a thing.

And I just got back today from Gold Class at Sky City Cinemas in the city :D "Under the Mountain" was okay. Some pretty predictable events and some freaky stuff. Tim had VIP passes from his dad. But it was different this time, we didn't get waited on hand and foot. I was looking forward to the butter chicken, but still. Sweet deal :]

Could do with some bc right now though. Starviiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment