Saturday, 12 December 2009

Natural/unnatural justice

Megs:

I had a very angry dream last night. I dreamt had two brothers, and they weren't Asian but white, and one was slightly older and one was slightly younger than myself. And I dreamt the older one was trying to get the younger one beaten up, by stealing some guy's girlfriend and pretending that little brother did it. (Or something like that, I think there was paint splashing in there somewhere). So I fully shouted at the older one in front of all our friends. I also made a very nasty comment about my older brother's not-so-flash GPA and declared it to everyone sitting in the lounge.

Anyway, I reduced him to a shamed wreck, and then our group of friends, in stunned silence, continued to fiddle with Pokemon figurines. And I felt this totally satisfied, vindictive pleasure.

Your thoughts? Maybe I'm subconsciously a merciless bitch with a twisted sense of justice... :[

But justice is entirely a human concept anyway. We could be the most merciless creatures in the universe and when an alien comes in a UFO they might be like, "damn, they have such things as punishments on this planet?" Yet they could probably blow up the planet for no reason and think they were being quite fair.

We should go into oneirology :D It'll help us on our journey of self-awareness and also to gauge our level of screwed-upped-ness. I still think your dream with the zombie party takes the cake.

^_^

In other news, I hate our (still unrevealed) blog banner, the third one that I'm working on. I was trying for a "graffiti art" effect and instead it looks like someone's suffered from a bout of emesis (love that word) on the computer monitor. Ugh, pixel vomit.

And I've realised why my tablet hasn't been working, it's because the battery's dead. It's lasted well actually, about four years (!) but it had green diarrhoea (I don't love that word, but since I bolded emesis...) inside the tablet pen and now I have to find a AAAA battery. I've never seen them in NZ but I haven't looked yet.

We could stick with the green banner we have now, the generic one. It's like the flag of Libya.
So we would be embracing the culture of this nation as well as representing, maybe, the green pastures of NZ where we can shove our sheep and children. But I'd still like to come up with something eventually.

Frivolous.

No comments:

Post a Comment